lunedì 26 dicembre 2011

Why did humans invent words?

Why did humans invent words?

I have a special relationship with words. I've had one ever since I started using the internet.
It's like words have feelings. I guess that's why there are different fonts and formats, and different types of punctuation marks, and different ways to phrase words to express different things.

But really, words attempt to explain. And words are meaningless without an author; indeed, all words have authors, somewhere in time.

Words are merely shadows of the soul. Little black symbols that your eyes see, and that your brain then interprets.
I get affected by these shadows so easily. Sometimes the authors, though they don't intend to, cause me pain with their shadows.
And though I could reciprocate the shadows with even more shadows, like I so often did in the past, I just end up with too much darkness and I never feel better in the end.

One of my favourite characters from one of my favourite games, League of Legends, has this quote: "The eyes never lie!".
And it's true. The problem with my world right now is that the screen in front of me hides my eyes, and hides yours as well, reader.

I could be lying to you when I write that I feel incredibly lonely at this hour of the night, and that my loneliness has been with me for many, many years, never being quite able to let me go when I'm in the real world.

But if you saw my eyes, you'd truly see that I'm incredibly lonely, and that I long for real...


by Gabriel Gervais-Houle, Toronto - Canada

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento